Body Makeup 101Full-coverage foundation isn’t just for your face—and there are several scenarios when body makeup may be in order. Perhaps you want to temporarily conceal a tattoo (or two), or maybe you’d like to cover up body acne or leg veins for a special event. No matter the situation, Dermablend is the #1 dermatologist recommended body coverage brand—and National Makeup Artist & Head of Education for Canada, Chelsea Bice, has all the tips and tricks you need for a flawless finish from head to toe.
TattoosGetting inked is a form of self-expression, but as we all know, tattoos come along with a long-term commitment. If you ever want (or need) a day off for some reason or another, Dermablend body makeup can help keep any tat under wraps for 16 hours (or more!).
ScarsScars caused by surgery or trauma can be reminders of events from the past that you may not want to explain to the world. Regardless of size or color, Dermablend’s cover up makeup for body can help you forget your scar for up to 16 hours with the proper prepping and setting.
Leg veins, stretch marks and bruisesLeg veins, stretch marks and bruises are no fault of your own, and Dermablend body makeup can help you wear shorts, skirts and bathing suits confidently.
Keratosis pilarisIf you have little red bumps on the backs of your arms that look and feel like “chicken skin,” Dermablend can help you fake the appearance of smooth, even skin and don sleeveless tops without a second thought.
Body acneBreakouts happen on the back, shoulders and chest—but you don’t have to keep these areas covered up. All of Dermablend’s body makeup products are non-comedogenic, sensitive skin-tested and dermatologist-tested so you know they won’t clog pores or make acne matters worse.
How to apply...Dermablend’s body makeup products are developed to deliver maximum coverage along with long-lasting, smudge-, transfer- and water-resistant wear, but proper application is key.
- Use short strokes to apply over the target area.
- Tap to build coverage to the desired level, then blend edges into surrounding skin.
- For 16-hour wear, apply a generous amount of Loose Setting Powder and leave on for two to five minutes before gently buffing off excess.
- Apply in long strokes in the direction of hair growth.
- Use a tapping motion with a makeup sponge to blend and allow to dry for one to two minutes.
- For more coverage, apply another layer using the same technique and allow to dry for three to five minutes.
- For 16-hour wear, apply a generous amount of Loose Setting Powder and leave on for up to 10 minutes before gently buffing off excess.
*Apply to clean, dry skin. Do not use moisturizer, sunscreen or any other products before applying Leg and Body Makeup.
Make the most of your Dermablend body makeupBeyond following the proper application steps, you can take your body foundation to the next level with these professional makeup artist tips.
- Be sure to use a tapping or stippling motion—and avoid rubbing—when blending body makeup to prevent smudging.
- Give body foundation a chance to fully dry before applying a generous amount of setting powder, especially if multiple layers are applied.
- For an instant self-tanner effect (especially on the legs), use a body foundation that’s one to two shades deeper than your natural skin color.
- Dermablend’s body makeup can be used for creating the illusion of muscle definition and other body contouring.
- If skin gets wet while wearing Dermablend body foundation, gently blot to dry—don’t rub.
- If you’re in a pinch, Quick Fix™ Concealer can be used on the body as well. (Just be sure to follow the above application tips for longest-lasting wear.)
- With 21 available shades, Cover Creme Foundation can be used on the body, too—especially if you can’t find the perfect Leg and Body Makeup or Quick Fix Body match.
Enhance your Dermablend body foundationOnce you have your application down pat, kick your skin up a notch with these extra body makeup moves.
The Dermablend differenceAs the number-one dermatologist recommended body coverage brand, Dermablend has a “leg up” on the competition. Leg and Body Makeup provides all-day hydration, broad-spectrum SPF 25 and more complete coverage in a dermatologist tested, fragrance-free formula—and no other brand can promise 16-hour smudge- and transfer-resistant wear (when paired with one of our setting powders).