Our daily lives have changed in a few ways since wearing protective face masks have become the norm. Remembering a mask has become as second-nature as remembering keys before leaving the house for the day. For some, mask-wearing has influenced their fashion choices by matching masks to outfits or showing off a fashionable statement mask. For makeup and skincare, face masks have brought about a few challenges. Makeup wearers are increasingly concerned about the transfer-resistance of their makeup so that their makeup does not rub off on their mask. Additionally, many people are experiencing “maskne” or acne caused by wearing face masks.
A key product to keeping your makeup on your face and not on your mask is setting powder. Dermablend’s Loose Setting Powder is a weightless, micronized formula designed to lock in makeup for up to 16 hours of smudge-resistant and transfer-resistant wear. This means that setting your makeup properly will help keep your makeup on your face, and not on your mask.
While keeping your makeup look intact is important, it is also important to ensure that your makeup routine doesn’t cause or worsen maskne. New York City Board Certified Dermatologist, Dr. Elyse Love, says that, “Wearing a mask in humid conditions results in trapping of pore-clogging sweat underneath the mask, and there's not much we can do about that. Excess oil production also clogs pores, but this can be mitigated by using a light-weight, oil-absorbing setting powder!”
In order to get the full benefits of Loose Setting Powder, it must be applied correctly. Follow these instructions to help mask-proof your makeup with Dermablend Loose Setting Powder:
- After your skincare routine, but before starting your makeup application, apply a light dusting of Loose Setting Powder. This extra step will help with optimal mask-proof makeup application .
- Prep your skin with Insta-Grip Jelly Primer. The sticky jelly texture grips makeup to help hold it in place.
- Next, apply your foundation and concealer. Set with a generous amount of Loose Setting Powder. Apply enough powder so that it is visible on the skin. Leave it on the skin to set for at least 2 minutes before dusting off the excess with a powder brush.
- After the rest of your desired makeup look is applied, lock everything in with Power-Setter 2-in-1 Makeup Setting Spray.
- Throughout the day, if a makeup touchup is needed, use Travel-Sized Loose Setting Powder to ensure it stays set.
Recommended for you