Transfer-Resistant Makeup TipsOur daily lives have changed in a few ways since wearing protective face masks have become the norm. Remembering a mask has become as second-nature as remembering keys before leaving the house for the day. For some, mask-wearing has influenced their fashion choices by matching masks to outfits or showing off a fashionable statement mask. For makeup and skincare, face masks have brought about a few challenges. Makeup wearers are increasingly concerned about the transfer-resistance of their makeup so that their makeup does not rub off on their mask. Additionally, many people are experiencing “maskne” or acne caused by wearing face masks.
A key product to lock your look in is setting powder. Dermablend’s Loose Setting Powder is a weightless, micronized formula designed to lock in makeup for up to 16 hours of smudge-resistant and transfer-resistant wear. This means that setting your makeup properly will help keep your makeup on your face.
In order to get the full benefits of Loose Setting Powder , it must be applied correctly. Follow these instructions to lock in your look for up to 16 hours with Dermablend's Loose Setting Powder :
- After your skincare routine, but before starting your makeup application, apply a light dusting of Loose Setting Powder.
- Prep your skin with Insta-Grip™ Jelly Makeup Primer. The sticky jelly texture grips makeup to help hold it in place.
- Next, apply your foundation and concealer. Set with a generous amount of Loose Setting Powder. Apply enough powder so that it is visible on the skin. Leave it on the skin to set for at least 2 minutes before dusting off the excess with a powder brush.
- After the rest of your desired makeup look is applied, lock everything in with the Lock and Last™ Water-Resistant Setting Spray
- Throughout the day, if a makeup touchup is needed, use Travel-Sized Loose Setting Powder to ensure it stays set.